COVID-19 Area Updates/Hotel Policies
Big Bend National Park is partially open for day use only. We recommend visiting their website to stay up to date with their policies https://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm
Davis Mountains State Park is currently open. Some limitations and guidelines are in place for everyone’s safety. Make a day pass or camping reservations online https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/davis-mountains/map or call (512) 389-8900.
McDonald Observatory will be open as of August 28, 2020. They have limited availability and tickets are required prior to the event. Visit their website for tickets https://mcdonaldobservatory.org/
The Museum of the Big Bend on the campus of Sul Ross University is open Tuesday-Friday 10am-4pm.
Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center is currently open and tickets must be purchased online at www.cdri.org
Fort Davis National Historic Site visitor center, WNPA park store, and historic buildings are closed at this time. Trails, and all open spaces remain accessible.
Our restaurant and bar, Blue Mountain Bar & Grill will be open Wednesday-Sunday from 5:00pm-9:00pm. Reservations are highly recommended. Contact BMBG at (432) 426-3244 for reservations, or make them online at https://www.opentable.com/r/blue-mountain-bar-and-grilll-fort-davis There are other restaurant options in the area offering dine-in service.
For your safety and the safety of our staff the hotel has implemented the following changes.
– Masks are required in all public areas (outside your hotel room).
– We are not offering daily housekeeping service for multi-night stays.
– We are no longer offering our grab and go breakfast or self serve coffee in the morning.
– To minimize contact, our front desk will be practicing social distancing by offering self check in and self check out.
– Our swimming pool is closed in an effort to promote social distancing.
– To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we ask that you not congregate in public areas, including the lobby, patio, and library.
– On request of our local health authority, any guest who becomes ill during their stay will be asked to leave within 12 hours.
Please contact our front desk at (432) 426-3237 for any other questions.
The Hotel Limpia, an historic, restored hotel built in 1912, is located in mile-high Fort Davis, nestled in the scenic Davis Mountains of southwest Texas. We currently have 30 rooms and suites. Please note: The Hotel Limpia is a historic building and, as such, we do not have an elevator and not all areas of the building are accessible under the ADA. Please ask for specifics when reserving your room. We allow pets in some rooms and suites. We do charge a pet fee but 100% of the proceeds go to Grand Companions, a state of the art shelter located in Fort Davis. Our accommodations are fully restored with private baths, period furnishings and free Wi-Fi. The hotel setting provides a peaceful and comfortable hideaway from the busy outside world. The courtyard garden, fragrant with roses and herbs, the glassed-in veranda with its flourishing plants, and the porches with their rocking chairs are favorite places for guests to relax and enjoy the tranquility of a by-gone era of Texas.